Pour a mug of hot apple cider, don a cable knit sweater and grab a seat in your backyard for the best show of the year — the leaves are changing! From sugar maples to dogwood, sumac and witch hazel, burning bush and ginkgo, autumn is the epic, awesome time for a festival of fiery hues. And today we’re making like a tree and leafin’ it to blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu to inspire leaf peepers and layout enthusiasts to create this fall scrapbook idea!
To create this layout you will need:
- Autumn Harvest Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Autumn Harvest Vellum Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Autumn Harvest Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Autumn Harvest Foiled Embellishments
- Navy & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Pumpkin Patch Frame Punch
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Decorative Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares Variety Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Brown Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut out a 1” wide frame from a piece of Navy Solid Cardstock. Set the frame aside.
Use the Pumpkin Patch Frame Punch to punch a border from the cut-out square piece. Cut
the border at 3” height and save for later.
Step 2: Cut the bold leaves paper to measure 11-3/4” x 11-3/4” and add to the frame. Cut the woodgrain vellum paper to 10” x 10” and 2” x 12” pieces. Add the 10″ x 10″ square piece to the page as shown. Use the Pumpkin Patch Frame Punch to punch a border with the 2” x 12” strip. Set the border aside for later. Adhere the navy pumpkin border that you created in Step 1 as shown. Cut the grid vellum paper to measure 11” x 11” and add to the page as shown.
Step 3: Use the 12-inch Decorative Trimmer to cut gentle waves from the word art paper. Use the 12-inch Trimmer to cut the border to measure 11-3/4” x 2”. Ink the wavy edge with the Brown Dual-Tip Pen and add to the page.
Step 4: Adhere the tree embellishment to the page. Add the pumpkin border you created in Step 2 to the bottom of the page. Trim the excess.
Step 5: Cut two mats to measure 6-1/4” x 4-1/4” from the navy scrap from Step 1. Cut two mats to measure 6” x 4” from a piece of White Solid Cardstock. Add to the page.
Step 6: Adhere stickers and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Do you like this tree-mendous fall scrapbook design from Sachiyo? Do you go on foliage drives or nature walks every autumn to enjoy the changing hues?
P.S. Are YOU a member of the Virtual Crop Facebook Group? It’s your go-to place for MONTHLY Virtual Crops, MONTHLY Completed Album Challenges, WEEKLY LIVE STREAMING of Fast & Fun Projects with Noreen, LIVE QUARTERLY Secret Box Openings with project tutorials and so much more! We hope you’ll join our community of more than 36,000 fellow memory-keeping enthusiasts — you’ll feel right at home!