What’s not to love about the new Woodland Whimsy Baby Collection? The colors, the patterns and the oh-so-adorable baby animal stickers are breathtaking! I couldn’t wait to play…
These borders are designed with options for both boys and girls and play really nicely with the Woodland Whimsy Fast2Fab predesigned pages. Make them up, and use as you wish to add a little flair on pages of baby’s monthly milestones.
Tip: You may want to wait to add the month shapes, as you can mix and match any of the borders with any months as you create your baby’s album.
To make all 12 months’ borders you’ll need:
- Woodland Whimsy Paper Pack, Stickers and Embellishments (for boy) OR
- Woodland Whimsy Paper Pack, Stickers and Embellishments (for girl)
- Original Border Maker System with Scallop Dot, Picket Fence, Paw Prints, Midnight Star, Zig Zag, Button Chain, Heart Chain, Chevron, Lace Scallop and Star Cartridges
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- 12-inch Decorative Trimmer
- Argyle Border, Shooting Star, Cherry Blossom Punches
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
- Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of boards paper. Cut a 3/4″ x 12″ strip of white patterned paper and adhere down center of border.
- Using the scallop dot cartridge, punch a border with dark green (light green) paper. Trim to 1-3/4″ x 12″. Punch opposite edge, using sticky-notes to hold strip in place on border maker. Set border at 1″ on wavy edge of decorative trimmer (making sure border is centered between top and bottom edges) and cut border in half. Turn one half over and mount both sides as shown on border strip.
- Add 1 MONTH shape and owl on log sticker as shown.
- (For all borders: Using the inside of the medium-sized circle pattern and the green blade, cut a circle with desired paper. Adhere month shape on top, add “__MONTH” sticker and add to border with foam strips.)
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of boards paper. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of green plaid paper and add to border.
- Using argyle punch, punch 2 borders, one with white patterned paper and one with orange (coral) paper. Adhere orange border on top of white border, lining it up so that the grid squares of the orange show the solid squares of the white underneath, and creating a slight shadow of white behind. Add to border. (Note: save leftover orange triangle pieces for next border.)
- Place 2 MONTHS shape on border as shown and add square and raccoon stickers as desired.
- Cut a 2″ x 12 ” strip of striped (fawn) paper. Cut a 1-1/4″ x 12″ swell strip of navy (green) paper. Adhere to border as shown.
- Using the leftover orange (coral) triangle pieces from 2 Months border, apply repositionable tape runner and adhere just underneath swell edge, curving pieces slightly to align to edge.
- Add Handsome Little Man (Sweet Baby Girl) sticker to top of border as shown. Place 3 MONTHS shape and arrows embellishments as desired.
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of boards paper. Cut a 1″ x 12″ strip of patterned trees (clouds) and a 1-1/4″ x 12″ strip of light green (pink) paper. Adhere trees to top of border and then add light green as shown to border.
- Using picket fence cartridge, punch a navy (dark green) border. Set border at 1-1/8″mark on the swell edge of the decorative trimmer. Mount to top of border.
- Add 4 MONTHS shape, stems (cherry blossom punches) and sign sticker as shown.
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of striped (triangles) paper. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of orange (coral) paper and add to border.
- Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of fawn paper. Using the paw prints cartridge, punch once along top (short) edge. Flip strip over and punch again along the opposite edge. Using the inside of the smallest circle shape and the red blade, cut four circles down the center of the strip, spacing them evenly. Use foam squares to attach fawn strip to border.
- Apply 5 MONTHS shape over top “hole”; then add skunk and bunny stickers inside the bottom three.
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of white patterned paper. Cut a 1″ x 12″ strip of orange (coral) paper and apply it to border 1/8″ in from the edge.
- Using the midnight star cartridge, punch a border with green plaid paper. Line up the scalloped edge in the decorative trimmer’s swell edge at the 1-1/4″ mark and cut. Adhere over the top of the orange paper, 1/8″ from the edge.
- Line up navy (green) paper in the decorative trimmer’s swell edge at the 3/4″ mark and cut. Adhere to the opposite side of the border 1/8″ in from the edge. Add the long white squares (circles) sticker as shown.
- Add 6 MONTHS shape as shown. (If desired, mat the “Let him sleep…” sticker and add to page layout.)
- Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of white patterned paper. Adhere a long zig zag (floral swag) sticker down the length of one side.
- Using the zig zag (buttons) cartridge, punch 2 borders with orange (coral) and 1 with navy (green) paper. Apply navy on top of one orange, aligning it so the orange peeks out as shown. Add to center of border. Tuck remaining orange zig zag behind top of border so just the peaks show.
- Add 7 MONTHS shape and shooting star (cherry blossom) punched shapes as shown. (If desired, mat the “Adventure” stickers and add to page layout.)
- Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of striped (triangle) paper.
- Using decorative trimmer, cut a swell edge with beige patterned paper. Flip paper upside down, line swell edge up at 7/8″ and cut again, creating an hourglass-shaped strip.
- Repeat with green paper, instead lining swell edge up at 1-1/8″ to make a slightly wider strip. Mount both to border as shown.
- Using buttons and hearts cartridges, punch a border with orange (coral) paper, alternating punches as shown. Adhere to middle of border.
- Add 8 MONTHS shape and owl stickers as shown. Tuck a scrap of green paper behind the heart the owl is perched on.
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of navy (coral) plaid paper. Cut 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of fawn paper, and then trim to make three 3-3/4″ long rectangles. Add to border, evenly spaced.
- Cut one 2″ x 3-1/2″ rectangle each of trees (clouds), orange (green) and light green triangles (light pink triangles). Using the chevron cartridge, punch once along top edge of 2 of the first two rectangles and apply on top of the top two fawn rectangles. Apply remaining rectangle to bottom, adding “Locally Grown” and birds stickers as shown.
- Add 9 MONTHS shape to center rectangle as shown.
- Using picket fence (scallop dot) cartridge, punch a border with light green triangles (light pink triangles) paper. Line up punched edge at the 2-3/8″ mark on the swell side of the decorative trimmer and cut.
- Line up a navy (green) piece of paper at the 2″ mark and cut. Adhere to border.
- Using paw prints cartridge, punch a border with boards paper. Line punched edge up at the 1-1/2″ mark and cut. Add on top of navy border.
- Add 10 MONTHS and fox shapes as shown.
- Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of animals paper. Cut a 1/2″ x 12″ strip of fawn paper and layer it behind the top of the animals border, peaking out 1/8″.
- Using the scallop dots cartridge, punch a navy (green) border. Trim to 1-1/4″ x 12″. Adhere to bottom of border, adjusting so the animals can be seen.
- Using the lace scallop cartridge, punch a fawn border. Add to bottom of border.
- Add 11 MONTHS shape and fox (doe) as shown.
- Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of striped (triangles) paper. Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of green paper. Adhere to border.
- Using star cartridge, punch a border with fawn paper, making only 3 punches so only half the strip is punched. Trim to 1-1/4″ x 12″. Add to border, with the stars on the right side.
- Add 6 triangle stickers in an arc along the unpunched side of the fawn strip to create a banner.
- Add 12 MONTHS shape as shown.
12 thoughts on “Woodland Whimsy Baby Borders”
Absolutely darling! Such a great tutorial that can be adapted to any page. Thanks!
Thanks so much!
These are all so cute! I love how you incorporated the paw print border maker cartridge.
Thanks! That paw print cartridge will see a lot of use for sure.
These borders are so fun! I am going to be a grandma for the first time in October! We don’t know the sex of the baby so I will have to wait to order & create these borders for the album.
Congratulations…so exciting! What I love is that the boy and girl collections can be mixed and combined…so versatile.
These are great! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!
I’m so glad you enjoy them!
I love the borders… Thank you for some great ideas…
Michele, I’m so glad you like them!
Love these!! Putting together a baby album and making everyone of these. Thank you so much!!!
Love the borders . Have made a lot of baby books. Think the next one, I will have to try these borders.