Grab your Happy Album and scrapbook page kits – it’s time to create your July reflection page! If you’ve been keeping up each month and documenting your happy life, WAY TO GO! I’m loving how easy it is to set aside a little time each month to print my photos and journal about all the awesome memories I’ve made this year. I’m so excited about this month’s layout! HINT: You will learn how to create a secret fold out page that gives you extra room for photos! Keep reading for new journal prompts, a fun layout using Kit #19 (sketch included!) and another giveaway!
This month’s Happy Album reflection layout is super simple and adorable! If you ever find yourself wanting more space to journal or for extra photos, I have the perfect trick for you! All you need is washi tape and you can create all the secret fold-out pages your heart desires. With that being said, print all the photos from July, grab your Happy Album and let’s get creative!
A journal prompt is a simple statement that inspires you and gives you an idea for what to write about. It doesn’t matter if you’re a talented writer or a beginner, jotting things down in your Happy Album is a great way to unwind, keep up with your goals and prepare yourself for the upcoming month.
- What is your best memory this year so far?
- What is a goal you have achieved this year?
- What was your happiest memory this month?
- Where is your happy place?
- What brings you peace?
- What do you want to do more of?
- What do you want to do less of?
- What are you most excited about next month?
- What do you want to improve upon next month?
- Trim your paper – Cut the Yellow Cardstock vertically in half using the 12-inch Trimmer and deckle blade (it creates a trendy ‘torn’ paper effect!). Cut the designer paper of your choice (like the gorgeous ombre pattern from Kit #19) into two 2-1/2″ wide pieces. Lastly, adhere the two strips to the Yellow Cardstock as shown in the layout above.
- Secret fold out pages – To create the secret half pages that fold out from each page, take a strip of washi tape from Kit #2 and adhere the Yellow Cardstock to two new designer papers. Then, adhere the designer papers (with the fold-out pages attached) to your Happy Album using the Tape Runner.
- Add your happy memories – I adhered four 4″ x 4″ photos to the middle of my pages (these are some of the best memories from my month!) and placed smaller 2″ x 3″ photos on the inside of the hidden half pages. I answered the journal prompts and wrote about all the happy moments from July on the front of the attached half pages. I decorated the layout with Foam Squares and the adorable stickers included in Kit #19! The captions next to my photos are written on small pieces of notebook paper.
See how fun the hidden half pages are?
Are you going to try the hidden half pages in your Happy Album layout this month? Let me know in the comments! If you’ve already tried this, let me know what you did differently (I love your ideas, too!).
- Post a photo of your finished reflection page to Instagram and tag @BeHappyAlbum #HappyAlbum #JulyHappyAlbum.
- Or you can go to the Creative Memories Facebook page (or Australia Creative Memories Facebook page), find this blog post and add a photo of your finished reflection page to the comment section.
- You must post the photo of your finished reflection page by Aug. 31 to be entered.
- Happy Album or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album kits or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Kit #19 or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Refill Pages (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Starter Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Kit (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
It was so fun creating my July reflection page using my new journal prompts and Kit #19. I hope this inspires you to create your own July layout filled with your accomplishments, memories and all things HAPPY! I’ll be posting a blog on the last day of every month with a new reflection page sketch – I’d love for you to follow me on this journey of gratitude and happiness! I can’t wait to fill up my Happy Album by the end of the year. If you decide to create your own July reflection page, make sure to share it with me on Instagram @BeHappyAlbum using #HappyAlbum #JulyHappyAlbum.
Meet Sadie – Happy Album Marketing Manager
Sadie grew up crafting and scrapbooking using Creative Memories products. She has a passion for creating and telling her story through photos! On weekends, you’ll catch her on an outdoor adventure or spending time with family in her small Minnesota town. Join her on the @BeHappyAlbum Instagram page and Happy Album Blog where she shares all things happy!