Saturday, Oct. 10: 11am, 1pm CT
Your creativity continues to amaze us! You’re all given the same sketch to work with, but you all create something totally unique and original — bravo! We can’t wait to see what you do with Challenge #5!
For a refresher on VC instructions, get the 411 on Virtual Crops here.
- If you haven’t already done so, join the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group! You can find instructions on how to join here. Note: This is a Facebook Group and not a Facebook Event. Therefore, you only need to join once, so if you’ve already joined the Facebook Group, you’re all set for this one!
- During the crop, log in to the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group and click on the “Discussion” tab to view the pinned post for the most current challenge. The challenge number will be posted on the sketch.
- Click the link for the challenge, which will take you here — to our blog. (HINT: If you’ve subscribed to the blog already, the challenges will be emailed to you directly as all other blog posts are and you can skip this step.) The challenge instructions will be posted here on the blog. OR click on “Media” > “Albums” in the Facebook Group to view the sketches there. To see past challenges you may have missed, click on “Announcements” in the Facebook Group.
- Create a layout following the sketch below.
- Take a photo of your completed project.
- Post your photo on the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group AND add the correct hashtag with your post: #CMVirtualCrop1October2020, #CMVirtualCrop2October2020, #CMVirtualCrop3October2020, etc., to the caption/comments. You will add the hashtag that matches the challenge you are submitting to qualify to win the prize for that challenge. Feel free to use other hashtags as well such as #CreativeMemories, but BE SURE to include #CMVirtualCrop1October2020, #CMVirtualCrop2October2020, etc., so we can find your post. For Instagram users, you will need to add #CMVirtualCrop1October2020, #CMVirtualCrop2October2020, #CMVirtualCrop3October2020, etc., so your post can be found that way. Note: When submitting your challenge, be sure to create your own post and don’t “comment” on someone else’s to ensure we see your entry.
- You have the entire event to submit your projects for all six challenges but all submissions must be received by Oct. 11 at 11:59pm CT. Keep refreshing the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group to see others’ masterpieces!
NOTE: The Prize Pack will be awarded to one participant in each challenge. We will award the prizes randomly, but to win, it must be evident you used the sketch we provided as inspiration to create a project using predominantly Creative Memories products. Prize winners will be announced on Thursday, Oct. 15, at noon CT.
TUTORIAL: Take a look at how to use the Circle Custom Cutting System to create this sketch with CM Advisor Diane Janzen.
To create this layout, you will need:
- Christmas Spirit Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Christmas Spirit Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Christmas Spirit Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Christmas Spirit Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Christmas Spirit Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer with the Straight & Scallop Blades or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with the Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White and Platinum Shimmer Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Gifts Border Punch – From past promo
Image 1 below is a screenshot of the layout from how it looks within the CM Designer
Image 2 below is the layout printed on Custom Refill Pages
To create this layout, you will need:
- Creative Memories’ Custom Products Designer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Used the Hello, Autumn Custom Theme
- Created directly on the CM website — no additional software needed
Want to try out the Virtual Crop digitally? Check out our demo of how to create your sketch using Custom Albums, Custom Album Covers or Custom Refill Pages. When you complete the sketch, instead of snapping a photo of your layout, take a screenshot and submit it to the Virtual Crop Facebook Group.
- For how to take a screenshot on a Mac, get details here.
- For how to take a screenshot on a PC, get details here.
“Creativity is the way I share my soul with the world.” – Brene Brown
6 thoughts on “Win a Christmas Spirit Prize Pack: Virtual Crop Challenge #5”
Great layout and demo but I see on many of the submissions for this sketch the circles are much larger than the one shown in the sample as is the one in the sketch. What cutting system pattern can you use to achieve the larger circle?
Diane Jansen demonstrates in the video the large circle with various blades. Hope this helps.
Jansen sorry for the misspelling
Auto correct is not my friend this morning *Janzen
I never see who wins the prizes for these virtual crops. What am I missing?