Amusement parks, theme parks, water parks… all of these parks are tickets to a great time! And within these moments of magic, whether it’s for your first time or 100th, make for some of the best memories and photo ops… which only means it’ll make way for some thrilling layouts! Get in line and marvel at this amusement park layout for starters. (Psst, it features a dynamic scrapbook paper folding technique and design to really bring on the excitement!)
To create this layout you will need:
- Sparks of Magic Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Sparks of Magic Tone-on-Tone Paper or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Sparks of Magic Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Sparks of Magic Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia) – Coming soon! Visit the website for expected arrival.
- Cranberry, Light Gray & Black Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer with Straight & Scoring Blades or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use the Cranberry Solid Cardstock as the base for the layout.
Step 2: Using a piece of Light Gray Cardstock, draw pencil lines with a ruler at the 6″ marks both vertically and horizontally. Cut 16 pieces that measure 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ of a various designer and tonal papers. Aligning the tips at the 1″ mark, score the tips on each side. Fold those tips over to show the back side of the papers and adhere.
Step 3: Starting in the middle of the gray cardstock, adhere the pieces, working your way outward.
Step 4: Trim 1/4″ from the edges of all four sides of the gray cardstock. Adhere gray cardstock piece to the base of the layout.
Step 5: Cut four pieces of Black Solid Cardstock to measure 12″ x 1/4″. Adhere to the layout approximately 1/2″ from the edges of each side of the cranberry cardstock base.
Step 6: Cut two pieces from the Black Solid Cardstock to measure 4″ x 5-1/4″ for photo mats. Cut two pieces from the light blue designer paper to measure 3-3/4″ x 5″. Adhere these to the black cardstock and then adhere mats to the layout. Adhere photos: (2) 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″.
Step 7: Adhere stickers and embellishments to the layout, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension. Journal as desired.
Are you going to try out this scrapbook paper folding technique? What photos would you display on this amusement park layout? Feel free to drop your thoughts in the comments section!