Calling all scrappers, calling all scrappers! The time is here and now… the September Worldwide Virtual Crop is underway! Who is prepped and ready for three jam-packed days of crafting, creative sketch challenges, connections and a cool prize?! Well, let’s kick off the extravaganza with Challenge #1!
Welcome to the 2022 Secret Box #3 Big Reveal!
New to the Original Border Maker System and BMCs? Watch this how-to video!
TUTORIAL: See how to put together the Gem Tones Embroidered Mini Card Kit from the Premium Secret Box #3 with CM Designer Carrie!
Creative Memories Advisors from around the world have created layouts for YOU! Every 4 hours, you will receive a new sketch to create. Review all posting times here.
First, a few things to note:
- If it’s your first time participating in a Virtual Crop and you’d like a quick walk-through of what to expect before we get started, you can get all the details about Virtual Crops here. Read this post in Japanese ⇒ 日本語はこちらです
- THIS IS A FREE EVENT. If you see anything asking you to enter credit card information, it is NOT LEGITIMATE.
- You can participate using traditional scrapbooking products, Digital Artwork and/or Custom Themes from the Creative Memories website. For instructions on participating digitally, please see the bottom of this post.
Japanese Translation: このイベント内で、クレジットカード情報を取得しようとするスパムコメントが投稿されています。本イベントは無料ですので、クレジットカード番号を聞かれても決して入力しないでください。
The Prize for All 12 Challenges
The prize for all 12 challenges of the Worldwide Virtual Crop will be the exclusive 12×12 Deep Blueberry Camera Prints Album Cover! Prizes will be awarded to two (2) participants in each challenge — one (1) prize to anyone who completes the sketch using any products on-hand and one (1) prize will be awarded to a participant who includes product(s) from the Essential or Premium Secret Box #3. We will award the prizes randomly, but to win, it must be evident that you have used the sketch we provided as inspiration to create a project using predominantly Creative Memories products. Prize winners will be announced on Thursday, Sept. 15, at 3pm CT.
Worldwide Virtual Crop Challenge #1:
- If you haven’t already done so, join the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group! You can find instructions on how to join here. Note: This is a Facebook Group and not a Facebook Event. Therefore, you only need to join once, so if you’ve already joined, you’re all set!
- During the crop, log in to the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group and click on the “Featured” tab to view the pinned post for the most current challenge. The challenge number will be posted on the sketch.
- Click the link for the challenge, which will take you here — our blog. (HINT: If you’ve subscribed to the blog already, the challenges will be emailed to you directly as all other blog posts are and you can skip this step.) The challenge instructions will be posted here on the blog. OR click on “Media” > “Albums” in the Facebook Group to view the sketches there. To see past challenges you may have missed, click on “Featured” in the Facebook Group.
- Create a layout following the sketch below.
- Take a photo of your completed project.
- Post the photo of your completed page or spread in the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group AND add the correct hashtag with your post: #2022WORLD1, #2022WORLD2, #2022WORLD3, etc., to the caption/comments. You will add the hashtag that matches the challenge you are submitting. Feel free to use other hashtags as well, such as #CreativeMemories, but BE SURE to include #2022WORLD1, #2022WORLD2, etc., so we can find your post. For Instagram users, you will need to add #2022WORLD1, #2022WORLD2, etc., so your post can be found. Note: When submitting your challenge, be sure to create your own post and don’t “comment” on someone else’s to ensure we see your entry.
- You have the entire event to submit all 12 challenges (some will post while you are sleeping) but all submissions must be received by Sept. 11 at 11:59pm CT. View challenge times in your time zone here. Keep refreshing the Virtual Crop Facebook Group to see others’ masterpieces!
TUTORIAL: Take a look at some tips on how to create this sketch with CM Advisor Tessa Chapple.
Tessa Chapple has been a CM Advisor since October 2002. After 20 years in healthcare, she has enjoyed building her scrapbooking business enough to support her family of four kids and two cats. She loves to travel, the outdoors and taking more photos than she’ll ever have time to actually scrapbook, but she’s insistent that someday she’ll catch up!
Collection Used: Essential Secret Box #3
Janet Madaras lives in Pemberville, Ohio, and has been an Advisor for more than 23 years. She and her husband just celebrated their 30th anniversary and have three children and two grandchildren. Janet loves the product releases and the new items and tools inspire her to play and create layouts filled with tips and techniques to share with her customers at crops and retreats.
Collection Used: Essential Secret Box #3
Here’s another idea on how to use this sketch with the 2022 Secret Box #3 products from CM Japan!
CM Japan also provided sketch measurements for your convenience.
Please note measurements will not be provided consistently for future Virtual Crops.
Want to Try Out the Virtual Crop Digitally?
Check out our demo of how to create your sketch using Custom Refill Pages, Custom Albums or Custom Album Covers. When you complete the sketch, instead of snapping a photo of your layout, take a screenshot and submit it to the Virtual Crop Facebook Group.
- For how to take a screenshot on a Mac, get details here.
- For how to take a screenshot on a PC, get details here.
Thanks for joining us! When posting your projects on social media, use #2022WORLD1, #2022WORLD2, etc., and #CreativeMemories to share your excitement! Happy Worldwide Virtual Crop!