Today’s blog post is a real tip-tastic treat — we’ve got 5 must-know tips for snapping photos, taking photos on your cell phone and camera, tips for photo organization, tips for video (perfect for this virtual time we’re living in!), as well as a Day-in-the-Life project that you’re sure to love. Let’s get to it!
Table of Contents
- Photo-Taking Tips
- Cell Phone & Camera Tips
- Photo Organization Tips
- Video Tips
- Day-in-the-Life Project Tips
No matter what you love to photograph, you can snap photos like a pro with these 12 unique photo tips, which will help you mix up your regular perspective! These techniques are perfect for any theme, from kids and pets to seasonal photos, nature and everyday life!
Check out these other photo tips that we have for you!
Cell Phone & Camera Tips
As memory keepers, photos are an integral part of our lives. We’ve got a roundup of awesome tips for taking photos, from cell phone techniques, settings and editing apps to DSLR cameras, and also threw in tips for scanning and preserving old photos, too!
- Photo Tips Using Your Cell Phone
- Tips for DSLR Cameras
- Camera Shutter Speed/Time Tips
- Tips for Scanning & Preserving Old Photos
Photo Organization Tips
Once you have your photos taken, it’s time to print them! (Hint: Did you know that Creative Memories has an in-house professional wet lab that prints photos with a matte finish to give you a classic look? Check them out here! (Canada | Australia) In fact, we have this nifty blog post that tells you all about how awesome our high-quality Photo Prints are and what Fit to Frame is too!
Check out how to organize your photos using the Power® Sort Box with Creative Memories Advisor Susan Baracchini in the video below!
Check out these other organizational tips and products!
- How to Efficiently Organize & Fill Your Scrapbooks
- Creative Memories storage and organizational products or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
With many of us working, teaching or learning from home, it can be difficult to get comfortable and get a good setup. Creative Memories PD Creative Manager Noreen Smith has some tips for the best equipment and setup for live streaming and overhead filming.
After you are all set up, Advisor Christine Calvino has some great tips for enhancing your on-camera presence!
- Select a non-distracting background. Bookshelves, offices or decorated rooms are good. Avoid white walls.
- Be in a bright, evenly lit room with natural light.
- Avoid direct sun and harsh overhead lighting.
- Sit in the middle of the screen space.
- Leave space between the top of your head and the edge of the screen.
- Think in 1/3’s where you can see the chest/upper stomach.
- Look directly into the camera.
- Add books to raise the monitor if necessary.
- Test out your audio levels.
- A quiet room is preferred.
- Make sure there’s no background noise.
- Take time to test the camera and audio levels.
- Offer verbal context constantly, e.g., “If you’re just joining us now…”
- Be responsive and interactive; make it feel like a two-way conversation.
- Connect authentically — stay relaxed, smile often, be confident.
- Be comfortable.
- Wear business casual.
- Avoid harsh patterns.
A Day in the Life of Your Family
From the instant you wake up to when your head hits the pillow at night, there are a lot of special moments that happen. To capture a day in the life, your goal is to snap 50-75+ of these daily moments. Be true to you — shoot your life as it is right now — not edited, not styled, 100% YOU! This could be done with photos OR videos using all the tips above!
Here’s a list of photos to get you started snapping your must-have moments!
- The alarm clock when you wake up
- Everyone in pajamas
- Breakfast: Food and table
- Outside play
- Relaxing or chill-out time
- Car ride to practice, family visit or store
- Art, journal time or puzzles
- Pets, walking the dog
- Visiting family
- Baking together
- Sibling interactions
- Putting toys away
- Looking out the window
- Reading a book
- Dinner: Cooking together and cleanup
- Bath time
- Brushing your teeth
- Reading stories
- Tucked in
- And all of the moments that make your family unique!
Use this checklist and capture your day in the life!
Other photo checklist posts you might like:
So — that’s our list of the top 5 tips for photo taking, camera and video tips, organizing and documenting the day in your life! Which one(s) will YOU take on and use?!