What (and when) was the last tropical trip you took? Do you have a preferred sunny destination or spot of choice? It’s obviously been a tough time for travel in the past year… we all could use a vacation after 2020. But alas, let’s prep for your next trip ahead (or reminisce on one from year’s past!) with this tropical scrapbook layout! Bring on the fun vibes!
To create this layout, you’ll need:
- Boho Escape Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Boho Escape Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Boho Escape Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Oval Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of tropical floral designer paper as the base for this layout.
Step 2: Cut a piece of dark teal dotted designer paper to measure 11″ x 11″ and adhere to the layout. (Tip: To save paper and reduce bulk, you may wish to cut out the inside section of this piece using the 12-inch Trimmer.) Cut a piece of tan canvas designer paper to measure 10-3/4″ x 10-3/4″ and mount on top. Cut a 10-3/4″ x 6″ piece of white with elongated mustard ovals paper and adhere as shown.
Step 3: Crop a photo to measure 4″ x 4″ and mat with a 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of orange paper. Crop two photos to measure 3″ x 4″ and mount with 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ pieces of mint paper. Adhere to the layout.
Step 4: Using the inside of the largest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern and the Green Blade, cut ovals with several patterned papers. Cut each in half lengthwise. Trim about 1/4″ off the straight edge of each. Adhere 10 halves on the layout as shown.
Step 5: Add stickers and embellishments, popping some up with Foam Squares for added dimension.
Step 6: Journal as desired.
What sorts of boho, beachy beauty will you fill this tropical scrapbook layout with? Let us know in the comments below!