Sakura, the Japanese word for the pretty-in-pink cherry blossoms, are a symbol of renewal and hope. From rich hues to soft shades and the myriad of blooms on each branch, cherry blossoms can paint whole blocks and avenues. The Botanical Burst Pink products drew inspiration from these pretty trees and their fresh florals, but are perfect for more than just showcasing pink budding beauties (hello, roses, peonies and hibiscus) — think photos of babies and girls, dance recitals, birthdays, baptisms, Valentine’s Day, Easter and more. Ready to think pink? Then take a look at this pink layout and let your creativity grow!
To create this layout you will need:
- Botanical Burst Pink Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Botanical Burst Pink Petals & Leaves Foiled Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Light Lime Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of pink plaid paper as the base for this layout. Cut a piece of Light Lime Solid Cardstock to 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and mount on top. (Tip: To conserve paper, you may wish to cut out the inside of either of these papers using the 12-inch Trimmer.)
Step 2: With the full-page frame of cherry blossoms, cut 3/8″ off each side. Adhere to the layout.
Step 3: Cut two 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ photo mats — one from pink plaid paper and the other from layered blocks paper. Mount two 6″ x 4″ photos on them and adhere to the layout as shown.
Step 4: Create two layered foiled flower embellishments. Layer and adhere flowers and leaves as shown, popping some up with Foam Squares for added dimension. Place epoxy stickers in the middle of some flowers.
Step 5: Journal as desired.
What events or special occasions would you highlight on this pink scrapbook layout? Which of the four hues from the Botanical Burst collection (green, blue, yellow or pink) do you like most? Tell us your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!