Cats. Kitties. Kitty-cats. Feline friends. No matter what you call your fur child, many have a best friend and companion in a cat. Deemed as more low maintenance and having the occasional mischievous bout (knocking items over a counter, anyone?), cats rule… and dogs drool? Well, regardless of where you stand on the cat versus dog debate, we’re purring with excitement over this cat scrapbook layout from blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu!
To create this layout you will need:
- Fur Baby Cat Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Fur Baby Cat Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Fur Baby Cat Laser Cut Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Beige, Soft Pink, Hot Fudge, Black & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Fur Baby Dog Laser Cut Embellishments — out of stock
- Paw Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia) — Available for purchase through June 30 at noon CT (AU: 30 June at midnight AET), however, the punch is expected later this fall (AU: spring). Reserve yours now.
- Piece by Piece Mini Trio Punch Set or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Gemstone Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use the hearts paper as the base of this layout. Cut a piece of grid paper to measure 11-3/4” x 11-3/4” and add to the base.
Step 2: Cut the following segments for the cat.
- Use the outside of the smaller heart Gemstone Custom Cutting System Pattern and the Red Blade to cut a heart shape from Beige Solid Cardstock. Trim the top of the heart shape by 1/2” as shown. Cut the bottom to measure 3” height. Trim to round the corners.
- Use the outside of the small heart Gemstone Custom Cutting System Pattern and the Red Blade to cut a piece of heart from Beige Solid Cardstock and Soft Pink Solid Cardstock. Cut both heart shapes in half. Add the pink piece slightly offset from the beige one to make it look like ears.
- Use the Piece by Piece Mini Trio Punch to punch two larger circles from Black Solid Cardstock and two smaller circles from White Solid Cardstock.
- Use the Piece by Piece MiniTrio Punch to punch a heart shape from Soft Pink Solid Cardstock.
- Cut a narrow strip from Black Solid Cardstock.
- Use the inside of the small heart Gemstone Custom Cutting System Pattern with the Blue Blade to cut two egg-like shapes from Beige Solid Cardstock. Draw claws with the Dual-Tip Black Pen.
Step 3: Assemble the cat as shown. Trim off the excess as you go.
Step 4: Cut a piece of the cat word art paper to measure 11-3/4” x 1-1/4” and add to the
Step 5: Cut a piece of the “meow” paper to measure 11-1/2” x 6-1/2”. Cut three mats to measure 3-3/4” x 6-1/4” from White Solid Cardstock and add to the “meow” piece. Add to the page.
Step 6: Use the Paw Punch to punch three paws from Beige Solid Cardstock and three paws from Hot Fudge Solid Cardstock. Adhere the beige paw to the hot fudge one, so that it looks like the hot fudge is a slight shadow.
Step 7: Adhere the cat, paws, stickers and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added
Do you have a pet cats or multiple cats? Would you make Sachiyo’s cat scrapbook layout to pay homage to your furry friend?
P.S. Are YOU a member of the Virtual Crop Facebook Group? It’s your go-to place for MONTHLY Virtual Crops, MONTHLY Completed Album Challenges, WEEKLY LIVE STREAMING of Fast & Fun Projects with Noreen, LIVE QUARTERLY Secret Box Openings with project tutorials and so much more! We hope you’ll join our community of more than 33,000 fellow memory-keeping enthusiasts — you’ll feel right at home!